Welcome to the Kottabos Space Program home of the fastest growing space exploration program on Kerbin (and fifth safest to boot). Come and see as we launch our brave (and not so brave) Kerbonauts into the heavens on a shoe string budget.
In this episode I mess around with The Mk3 Expansion mod which adds into the game a series of parts that fit the Mk3 fuselage.
• Previous: https://youtu.be/owfzChO3-Jg
• First: https://youtu.be/EbAdRW07LoI
• Kerbal Space Program: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/
• Mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/109401-mk2mk3-expansion-dev-thread-13-version-135-153017/
• Discord: https://discord.gg/SfVrpPp
FOLLOW KOTTABOS GAMES:
Produced by the talented Kevin MacLeod
.♪ "Enter the Party" .♪
Every plane flies.
Some just do it for a very little amount of time.
imagine putting the mk3 cupola in front of the mk3 bride 0_0
Who thinks that this will be added to vanilla ksp
That Mark III command bridge was disappointing
I thought it was massive
No bigger landing gear?
The 'Slevert' engine is probably meant to be Sievert as it was an atomic engine and radiation is measured in sieverts.
Mk3-2 Cockpit looks like a duck.
I love your intro lmao
I love these parts, I havve been using them for months. I love the fuel varieties availabe. I kinda wish he made a scaled ramjet like he has for mk2.
No craft download?
For those who want to join the Kottabos discord
Here it is
Cupola IVA looks like a B29/YT-1300 (Millenium Falcon) cockpit
The inline cockpit can be used for front loading cargo planes or landers
I really appreciate all the work put into showcasing all the KSP mods, but the terms used annoy the shit out of me. Gigantic, gorgeous, very fun... seriously. And the emphasis. Gigaaaaaantic. Irrelevant.
been needing more mk3 parts for ages now, but I am not having a plane with a duck face... sorry
Just beautiful modeling. Simply wonderful. Took me a minute to realize the connection between Big-S and Bad-S. I guess that makes me a dumb-S.
Also 18:37 squad monolith
Please do the home grown rockets mod!!!
Rising ideas for escape pods.
i need this mod and u fogot to mention how stock alike this is
"Jim, let's build a plane!"
"Alright, I got some designs, we need to make it aerodynamic, it needs a long-"
"Shut up, let's build a fat X-Wing! With a cockpit facing the wrong way!"
is it just me or the mk 3-2 cockpit look like a duck?
Cox-swain ?!? LOL pronounced "Cox-en" (A person that steers a ship.)
Please do one for KAX
yay 294th viewer :D
loved this video, mod looks pretty good. Keep making awesome reviews like this :D
Bug: Electric Charge should be free, but the cost got set to just above 0, at 1 cent for 500 electric charge. Why?!
Why aren't aerospikes air breathing engines? Why are they called aerospikes?
Scott Manley would have flown that thing through the tunnel and landed it vertically on the VAB helipad. Still, I wouldn't have gotten it off the ground in the first place, so I salute you.
the 3-2 cockpit front nose cone looks like a duck.... LOL
21:27 I hope everyone survived
I honestly just want the decoupler :P
I really want a mod to add a part/parts that will go on the bottom of the mk3 parts to make a flat shuttle bottom. Squad, take notes!
this adds a lot of awesome parts
now that I have your attention, what's your favourite fuselage size? MK 1, MK 2, or MK 3?
It's the arc170 from the clone wars
I think I can also use that Cupola to replicate the B-29
he revealed his real name it's Frank 19:00
Love the possibilities with other spaceplanes mods
Fave mod. Necessity. Must have.
Picked up this mod a little bit before you featured it. A great little add-on. :D
10:42 you might wanna read up on this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolf_Maximilian_Sievert
nice mod presentations, though, thanks for the detailed info
I just like saying giant cupola.
Legends speak of a land that is far away, a land that to set a goal to reach it you have to be insane, this comment is one of the relics of the land, which the elders call comments, but we call this land "the lost section of the comments"
You can see I had nothing better to do. Mark the visit to this relic with a comment if you wish ;)
KottabosGames That engine is named 'Sievert' after swedish medical physicist Rolf Maximilian Sievert, who was studying biological effects of ionizing radiation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolf_Maximilian_Sievert
Thise wngines make the goliath engine look like the weezly engine, or even the junu engine!
Why do you say every model is a glorious piece of work?
mk3 saddle remind me of OPT's J type, sadly opt not have adaptor to mk3 :(
putting a crew hatch on an air intake, that is so kerbal. XD
The Wellington engine? I live in Wellington (which is in New Zealand) and I can tell you, that it is very windy here. Nice metaphor mod creator!
17:48 That actually looks like something either me or my brother would make, but good on you, good sir!
i like using mk3 parts for my "ships" (failures resulting in death) now i can make them look cooler!
I've been using this mod for a while (although I think it's been slightly updated since my version) so here's a few thoughts/added info:
1. The point of the Truncated Saddle Tank is to go alongside a cargo bay and leave space for the doors to open. it's a shame that none of the Saddle Tanks have an oxidiser-only option or work with Interstellar Fuel Switch.
2. It's curious the the Hurricane 'turboprop' engine has piston-engine-style exhaust stacks sticking out of it...
3. The OMS engine is designed to go on the back of the Shoulder Mounts to replicate the systems on the Space Shuttle.
4. The point of the Sievert (pronounced 'see-vert' - it's a radiation unit of measure) nuclear thermal engine is that it gives you turbojet-level fuel efficiency in non-oxygen atmospheres. Basically it scoops 'air' of any kind in and heats it up with a reactor instead of burning fuel in it, thus it doesn't matter whether the 'air' has oxygen in it or not.
5. It's a shame that the Service Bay doesn't have an 'empty' option to let you load it up with whatever you want.
6. The Mk.3 Subsonic Intake has a 1.25m core and an attachment node in the middle of it which makes for some very 'interesting' possibilities...
7. The Big S wing segments are NOT just enlarged versions of the standard wings: they hold liquid fuel without any other mods (which is why it would be nice to be able to put oxidiser in the Saddle Tanks) and they have a mesh switch which enables you to make the leading edge, trailing edge or both thin.
add some vertical stabilizers and move your wheels slightly forward and you have a pretty flyable plane
Blue screen of death in the cockpit.
so you installed a lot of mods that were fun but there is one epic mod u didnt showcase. It will take a lot of time but trust me it WILL be fun... it is B9 Aerospace PLZ DO IT .
Maybe do a little extra episode where you fire up all the engines?
HOLY CRAP IM SO EARLY
18:06 is an overwatch reference
Downloading this mod. Looks good.
6:46 basically a symmetrical version of the stock mk3-mk2 adapter
Can you review north kerbin Dynamics